The Armenian Relief Society (ARS) of Western U.S.A. relies on its chapters for existence; and ARS chapters depend on their members for existence. Chapters have important roles in how a region operates. They recruit and train members, carry out the objectives of the ARS, promote Armenian awareness in their members and the community at large, and raise funds for ARS programs. Some chapters operate One-Day schools on Fridays or Saturdays, after-school programs and one chapter operated a day-care facility. Chapters hold membership meetings and elect Chapter Executives and delegates to regional conventions. Any member of the ARS may attend a meeting of any chapter as an observer.
AS AN ARS MEMBER, YOU CAN:
- Serve the needy and make a difference in the lives of others;
- Build leadership and communication skills;
- Be resourceful and creative;
- Explore the Armenian culture;
- Make lifelong friendships;
- Feel a sense of accomplishment for serving your people and nation.
WHAT WE DO:
- We support youth activities with daycare, Saturday Schools and after school programs;
- Help pass on and preserve our cultural heritage;
- Assist Armenian schools and cultural centers;
- Provide tuition assistance to students attending Armenian schools and scholarships to university students;
- Support the ARS “Soseh” kindergartens in Artsakh and youth centers in Javakhk
- Support orphans and children’s shelters;
- Provide assistance to the needy and elderly through social services centers;
- Provide psychological counseling services;
- Fight against domestic abuse;
- Provide assistance to survivors of disasters;
- Collaborate with other charities and professional organizations.
To join a local ARS Chapter, please click the button below